Are you a self-starter, a go-getter and a leader? In the IBM AI Applications business unit, you will find a culture that rewards such entrepreneurial spirit! We are looking for talented, energetic individuals who have a strong sense of ownership, execution, and focus on customer success!
As a Solutions Engineer at IBM, you are THE technical expert and advisor to our customers, to the sales team and to our Business Partners. You understand the customers’ business requirements, technical requirements, and competitive landscape. You apply your business insight, build and maintain customer relationships, incorporate technology and services, and ensure customer readiness for the implementation of proposed technical solutions.
This is YOUR opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and our customers, as well as for yourself. Start your journey now, by joining our amazing team of experts, Here are the two jobs that are available and you can apply now.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
The Brand Technical Specialist engages in pre-sales activity of the sales cycle including: sales/business discussions, solution discovery, solution and business assessments, solution demonstrations, pilots and Proof of Concepts. They understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and competitive landscape as it pertains to the IBM AI Apps Solutions. This role requires a consultative, solutions-focused approach that requires in-depth needs analysis (discovery), art of the possible demonstrations, customized presentations and demonstrations, and delivery of written documentation and other material to support the sales team and sales opportunities. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, the BTS role is responsible for the technical accuracy of the proposed solution.
Responsibilities of a Brand Technical Specialist as trusted advisor includes:
- Client discovery, delivering art of the possible and tailored solution demonstrations for key client stakeholders
- Supporting responses to RFPs (request for proposals/RFPs and requests for information/RFIs)
- Creatively prescribing solutions to help solve a client’s business initiatives and challenges
- Communicating solution proposals at any level of the business required from a CxO to a detailed business and/or technical sponsor
- Performs in-depth analysis/discovery of customer’s business and technical requirements and develops clear definition of the appropriate solution including; business use case demonstrations, associated operational and value benefits, and overall value proposition of the IBM solution set
- Develops, maintains and delivers solution demonstrations to solve customer’s business and technical requirements
- Leads and participates in pre-sales solution architecture discussions
- Is able to maintain an advanced understanding of the AI Apps solutions and ecosystem
- Knowledgeable in connected 3rd party space applications (for example: ERP systems, Transportation Management (TMS), and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS))
- Ensures client success through deployment strategies (i.e. Engaging services and business partners to help a customer successfully deploy the technology)
- Contributes to Opportunity Identification
The technical pre-sales specialist should have a thorough knowledge of the AI Apps solutions. Must have a proven record of successfully understanding client issues and pulling together strategies to ensure the client is successful. Excellent customer relations; verbal and written communications skills. Ability to successfully work with sales reps to close business deals. Ability to manage multiple accounts and associated opportunities simultaneously. Ability to learn IBM’s line of products and services. Ability to analyze and resolve business and technical challenges. Ability to negotiate and prioritize projects.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience with an AI Apps specific solution set and/or competing solutions
- Extensive technical expertise with the applicable AI Apps solution set (i.e. Blockchain, Managed File Transfer, B2B/EDI, Envizi, Asset Management, IoT)
- Experience within one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Retail, Distribution, Consumer Package Goods, Travel and Transportation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge of key blockchain concepts such as distributed ledgers, track and trace, smart contracts, security, privacy and cryptography.
- Knowledge of blockchain platforms and open-source projects like Hyperledger, Ethereum, Corda, etc.
- Strong experience and understanding of pre-sales support processes is a plus
- Understanding of the systems and products that make up the AI Apps ecosystem (i.e. Blockchain, ERP, Transportation Management, Warehouse Management, B2B/EDI, Asset Management, etc.)
- Formal sales training courses (i.e. Demo2Win, Solution Selling, Strategic Selling, Challenger Sale, Target Account Selling, Integrity Selling, etc.)
- Knowledge of Containerization and Kubernetes (i.e. Red Hat OpenShift)
For more information you can visit IBM website, or contact: Don.Cipriani1 at ibm.com