Blog

NAASE’s Blog page will periodically feature different, related, and relevant articles – some from NAASE members directly, and others from other sources. We invite you, regardless of your membership status, to submit an article for consideration.

Sales engineers can have many titles, including but not limited to: technical sales representative, territory representative, manufacturer’s representative, specification sales rep, pre-sales rep. We work in different fields and industries, but generally we all engage with our clients or prospective clients in an extended sales cycle. Part of the reason for the length of time needed is that the service or product that we are selling/providing is rather complicated (and likely not inexpensive).

Thank you for checking out our Blog, and please visit again soon.


What is the Future of Technical Sales?

(by Sania Salman) With the advancement and continuous innovations in the field of science and technology, new product inventions and machines are always being developed. This augmentation of technology requires not only its accessibility but also its understanding and knowledge to make it more convenient for the usage of targeted audiences. People want machines to… Read More

Technical Sales Managers: To Get A Seat At The C-Suite Table, Show How Data Can Deliver Value

(By Freddy Jose Mangum) A guide for technical sales solution architects, sales engineers, system engineers and presales managers that increases their visibility and impact in driving top-line revenue and improving margin  Throughout my career I have been blessed to see some amazing technical sales leaders in action. And most recently in my role at Hub,… Read More

Leveraging Strategy to Improve B2B Sales

by Dean de Jongh, CEO at Kamelian Tech High-value B2B deals seldomly follow a linear path and often take unexpected routes to close. Account-based marketing is proving to be a successful approach to B2B sales. B2B sales happen in changing environments which, regrettably, are now regularly turbulent with the Covid-19 pandemic. ‘Winging it’ or simply… Read More

Excellent and Practical Insight from one of the Leading Pro Resume Writers

“65% of job candidates do not grasp the importance of their resume.” – Rob Richey, CMRW NAASE had the privilege to speak with Rob Richey, President of PRO RESUME out of Memphis.                     (  https://proresume.biz/   ) We wanted to talk about many timely topics and questions on the minds of our membership.  Richey, a Certified… Read More

The Five Signals of Buyer Intent in SaaS Sales

(by Neil McLean) The modern software buying process is long. Buyers consider many different vendors when exploring software options. In fact, according to Gartner research, SaaS vendors today are only involved with the last 45% of the sale process (Gartner). The other 55% of the time consists of buyers searching for the market for solutions… Read More

The Association: We Are Our Contributors

(by Matt Mahoney) Many times companies and curious people ask us who and what exactly is the North American Association of Sales Engineers?  We typically point them to our home page, which states: “The North American Association of Sales Engineers (NAASE) is a group of professional and dedicated sales engineers/ technical sales representatives/ solution consultants… Read More

Job Crafting: Strategies to Improve Life at Work

By Olivia Brito https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/job-crafting-strategies-improve-life-work-olivia-brito/?trackingId= Uncertain times like the present can add challenges to our work-life balance, hinder wellbeing and if left unattended could lead to burnout and other health consequences. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, anxious or even inadequate from work issues, or you wish your work was more enjoyable and meaningful, you can proactively improve… Read More

10 Predictions For Technical Sales In 2021

(by Freddy Mangum) Technical sales professionals are the unsung heroes of technology sales. Without them, high-tech sales don’t happen. But despite their critical role, technical sales professionals have to make do with fragmented tooling — Excel, PowerPoint, Word and general-purpose CRMs — and fight for more training to refine both their technical and sales skills…. Read More

They could never be in Sales

(by Roger McNamara) One of my Sister-in Laws has a great personality, she is very comfortable engaging people in conversation with a very pleasant demeanor. She is intelligent and articulate and conversant in many different subjects. For years I have been telling her that she should be in sales. While it might be out of… Read More

Loading…

Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.