(NAASE is posting this listing for a new Member, NSI. If you are interested in this position, please reach out directly to them.)
Houston Ave, Houston, TX, USA
Employees can work remotely
FLSA Status: Exempt
Established in 1986, North Star Imaging, Inc. is the domestic leading manufacturer of turn-key 2D Digital X-ray and 3D X-ray Computed Tomography systems for the Industrial Nondestructive Testing industry. In late 2010, NSI was acquired by Illinois Tool Works and became part of ITW’s Test and Measurement segment. ITW is a leading diversified manufacturing company with over 100 years of history and over 800 individual business units. As demand continues to increase both nationally and internationally, NSI now operates in five offices across the globe; Minnesota, California, Massachusetts, United Kingdom and China.
Companies throughout the world rely on NSI’s expertise and equipment to create high quality, efficient and profitable products. Become a key player to our growing success and have the opportunity to excel in a high-tech and advancing industry.
The primary function of this role is to consultatively sell value and thoroughly perform discovery to ensure NSI has defined the WIN and value for the client to ensure we maximize our value and advance the sale to close more expeditiously.
- Effectively utilize Strategic Selling with Perspective and Conceptual Selling with Perspective and utilization of Score card for pipeline management.
- Actively host and manage the customer experience while in Rogers for Application Study review and visit.
- Effectively sell in multiple settings; Virtual, in-person (1:1), group setting and to multiple levels within organization.
- Produce Annual Sales Plan; provide detailed updates and performance evaluation of results quarterly to NSI leadership team.
- Set up Sales Action Plan and review with manager for approval before visiting customers.
- Develop business summary plans for top 10 customers within geography; analyze and present to Sales Leadership (quarterly) and as determined prudent with the customer at minimum annually. (Consultatively)
- Up to 80% travel
- Located preferably in Texas but anywhere in territory is acceptable.
- Present proposals, negotiate pricing and effectively differentiate NSI product offerings.
- Complete all administrative tasks including expense reports, App Study forms, IRF forms, and ITW Training modules.
- Through discovery; develop strategic collaborations across customer and up within customer organization. Work closely with Sales Leadership to ensure NSI is selling upward into customer organizations.
- Through thorough discovery, define the value to ensure PRICE becomes minimized and marginalized in the buying journey.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships to increase to value and share of customer annual spend.
- Map / blueprint geographic territory to mine the gap. Understand current and historic business. Identify opportunities for future expansion. Cross sell components into competitive systems for prospects, customers.
- Cross sell complete offering; Equipment, ISG, Service, Training and components.
- Achieve targets defined by business segment. (quarterly and annually)
- Clear & Concise presentation of customer account with all pertinent info: machine SN’s, ISG work performed (past to present), S&T work performed along with all contract info (start & end dates with pricing)
- Sell Equipment and or Upgrades
- Large Components sales (tube, detector, generators)
- Sell Parts lists based on each system
- Work hand in hand with inside sales for expedited transactions
- Produce Reports of current accounts, Territory Status, and Revenue Targets to ISG, Service, and Equipment Managers.
- Accurately and Technically fill out Imaging Request Form with all of the customers imaging goals, area of interest, resolution, shipping, etc.)
- Increase revenue by prospecting and identifying new projects and turning them into sales
- Work closely with NSI technical experts and our support team to defend or refine NSI’s product offerings and solutions to best meet the needs of our clients
- Promote and Communicate our offerings to the key customers in our market
- As a business developer of assigned territory, you will:
- Identify market business opportunities
- Execute marketing activities (run seminars, work trade shows, etc.
- Visit customers, and prospects as a technical and sales expert independently and/or with other Representatives and Distributors.
- Consistently use and optimize the tools needed to grow sales and monitor sales activity (Quoting, CRM …)
- Analyze the feedback from the field, market/competitive intelligence, and participate in strategic development
- Develop the structure in their territory to ensure growth and brand recognition
- Understand your competition’s strengths, weaknesses, and equipment to differentiate North Star Imaging’s Products and Services to existing and
- Minimum of 7 years Consultative Selling experience required.
- Strong Communication skills (speak & listen)
- Highly organized individual
- Strong use of communication medias required
- Positive attitude
- Strong comprehension of NSI engineering, software, and advanced mechanical aptitude required.
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- High computer literacy; proficiency with MS Office products, ERP systems and CRM databases
- Fluent in English
- Industry Experience preferred.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Passing results on both pre-employment drug and background checks (which includes driving record)
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record is required
- Must be able to provide proof that you are legally able to work in the United States
NSI is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, NSI is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Lih Fang Chew
Global Sales Director
“ Think Like the Customer, Work Like the Entrepreneur”
North Star Imaging
19875 S. Diamond Lake Road, Rogers, MN 55374, USA