(The following is a current position available at NAASE Member, Capitol Broadcasting Company / Microspace.)
We are looking for a highly tech-savvy sales engineer to assist in the selling of complex satellite communication and telecom products and services. The Sales Engineer’s responsibilities include maintaining extensive technical knowledge of Microspace products’ parts, functions, and processes and assisting to close sales where technical expertise may be required to fit the clients’ needs.
To be successful as a sales engineer, you should possess an in-depth knowledge of satcom/telecom technology and services and should be able to relate this knowledge in a way that is understandable to non-technical customers. You should be driven to achieve your sales goals and should have excellent sales, customer service and networking skills.
Sales Engineer Responsibilities:
- Preparing and developing technical presentations to explain Microspace products or services to customers.
- Discussing equipment needs and system requirements with clients and engineers.
- Collaborating with the sales team & engineering department to understand customer requirements and provide support.
- Generating high-quality sales leads, following up after initial contact, securing and orders, negotiating prices, completing sales, and documenting all steps in CRM.
- Researching, developing and modifying products to meet customers’ technical requirements and needs.
- Helping customers who have problems with installed products and recommending improved or upgraded equipment and or services.
- Soliciting and logging client feedback and evaluating the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers.
- Identifying areas for improvement and communicating these issues as well as possible solutions to upper management.
- Setting and achieving sales goals and quotas.
- Training other members of the sales team on the technical aspects of the company’s products and services.
Sales Engineer Requirements:
- 4 year Degree in engineering, marketing, business administration, related study or 5-6 years of relevant work experience required.
- Strong knowledge of satcom and or telecom technology from technical and engineering perspective.
- Experience in sales and the technology field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership and team working skills.
- Willingness to continue your sales and engineering education.
- Valid DL and clean driving record
- Reliable transportation
Or, reach out to: